Jump to content
Genetry Solar Forums

A Genetry Solar inverter in the wild.


Recommended Posts

On 4/17/2021 at 12:40 PM, Sid Genetry Solar said:

But it otherwise is working?

It runs from 0800 to 1730 almost every day. It isn't being heavily loaded right now as I'm in the process of adding more solar panels. And other things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As of today, it has 105 Hours use on it. Today is not a good day as we had nothing but clouds Tuesday so my batteries are not happy.  But they are all sitting at above 25.6 so it means that they are carrying a full charge.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Running both the refrigerator and the one tube A/C had the unit running at 1099 Watts. Which at that reading the meters agreed. Also they agreed on the Amps. But not the Volts. Mine show 242 Volts and the display said 238 Volts. The regulating at that load seems seems to be spot on with just a slight pulsing hum from the transformer. Nothing even near the idle hum of the PJ 6K unit. Nice cool 73° in the living room while it is

Homestead

4/22/2021 11:30 AM EDT

80°
6 Mph 59 % Humidity

Temp @ 2 ft 80°

Temp @ 30 ft 79°

Soil @ - 6 in 78°

Wind Dir @ 30 ft 38°

Rainfall 0 in

Pressure 1016 mb

Average Rad 703 W/m2

Dew Point 64°

THI (Dairy Cows) 75°

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Waterman said:

The regulating at that load seems seems to be spot on with just a slight pulsing hum from the transformer.

Slight pulsing hum...is this by any chance related to loads like an HE washing machine?  I know that varying loads on my house inverter will result in a varying transformer buzz; that's expected.  Regulation should be pretty quiet; the voltage feedback has a precision of roughly 0.1v @ 240vAC...so a lot more than a PJ inverter 😉.

 

3 minutes ago, Waterman said:

Nothing even near the idle hum of the PJ 6K unit.

Amazing how quiet that tranny is when the FETs are driven cleanly and firmly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Hey, how do you measure solar irradience in W/m2?

I don't right now. I let the University of Florida do it for me. 😁 A place I used to work at till it became too hazardous to my health. I do have a radiometer, I just don't have it hooked up. A person who might be a very distant relative invented one. Same person was the 10th President of Dartmouth College.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Slight pulsing hum...is this by any chance related to loads like an HE washing machine?  I know that varying loads on my house inverter will result in a varying transformer buzz; that's expected.  Regulation should be pretty quiet; the voltage feedback has a precision of roughly 0.1v @ 240vAC...so a lot more than a PJ inverter 😉.

 

Amazing how quiet that tranny is when the FETs are driven cleanly and firmly...

The one tube is the HE unit, the refrigerator is not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Now showing 317 hours of use and so far the only glitch has been the one No CPU Comms message.  Didn't get much use the last 5 days as I have been down with something. Will know tomorrow if possible it was a mild Covid attack. Or some other flu bug.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Waterman said:

Now showing 317 hours of use and so far the only glitch has been the one No CPU Comms message.  Didn't get much use the last 5 days as I have been down with something. Will know tomorrow if possible it was a mild Covid attack. Or some other flu bug.

Wow, well, I'm 19 hours in now. 😛  we figured it out, it was the volts being too high, it ran good after dropping it to 119v.  Hope you ain't got that china flu.  I just got my firsat shot today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Blind Wolf said:

Wow, well, I'm 19 hours in now. 😛  we figured it out, it was the volts being too high, it ran good after dropping it to 119v.  Hope you ain't got that china flu.  I just got my firsat shot today.

If it was the Wuhan Flu, it might have been the second or third go at it. Being of the Type O blood group supposedly makes one have milder affects and I had this a couple times last year. Need an anti-bodies test.

Dropping the Voltage,  I recalibrated mine and so It may never show what yours did but mine runs mostly 121 and 122 Volts on my meters on the split phase. Line 2 is always 1 Volt higher than L1 to N or equal. Never lower even if loaded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, well I had to shut my down before I caught things on fire, had a loose nut on the battery postive and the bolt started to sing a song for me.  Luckly I was in the power room when I smelled it, and soon as I put my hand near it I knew what happen and shut the inverter down right then.  No biggy, I was only testing and was only puling 66 amps 😛

 

So, now I took the inverter out of the room, and stripping down the Holding board, that holds chargers and stuff, going to redo it all to be neat and not all rigged up 😛    Will have a 60/40/15a solar chargers all going to bus bars, and each battery gets its own bolt, and then two outputs one for each inverter. so much fun. . .  Thanks to Sid I can see what my inverters are doing anywhere :P.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...