Jump to content
Genetry Solar Forums

Charging disabled ?


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, JNock said:

Originally it said like 350 or something until i changed it 

Sounds like I need to run a video call with you to figure out what's going on.  I've had firmware tweaks/issues with it reading double the AC input voltage that it should on Rev. B boards, thought I had that fixed (noting that you're on Rev. 1.1r3).  Definitely need to look into this a bit closer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a really enlightening and productive conversation with SID about my issues and we have solved all of them. What a intelligent and awesome guy! I love this inverter.

5ACBDD75-9D86-467F-BF4A-5B5E34F6AD4D.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kuhrd said:

I would recommend removal of the phone number from all posts if possible now that everything is sorted.

LOL I don’t really care it has an ignore button 🤣 does an admin need to do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should be able to edit your post but I am not sure how the forum treats quotes after the text is edited.  I would assume Sid would have to remove it as well.  Either way, you also have the ability to send a private message at the top from the little message icon.  Just trying to help as scam calls are out of hand as it is these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JNock said:

I had a really enlightening and productive conversation with SID about my issues and we have solved all of them. What a intelligent and awesome guy! I love this inverter.

5ACBDD75-9D86-467F-BF4A-5B5E34F6AD4D.jpeg

Glad to see it's working well for you ;-).  Keep an eye on the charge cycles, might want to watch the battery voltage, etc. to make sure it's doing the right thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JNock said:

I had a really enlightening and productive conversation with SID about my issues and we have solved all of them. What a intelligent and awesome guy! I love this inverter.

5ACBDD75-9D86-467F-BF4A-5B5E34F6AD4D.jpeg

Yep Sid is the Bomb, he needs to work with tesla next lol. I'm holding back on bugging him right now on fixing my issue, had another over chargeing going on and with no le ion.  so removeing the blue right now and replacing it with the one that is wifi so I can keep my batts where I want them I know it works with no issue. I just unplug the solar from the other blue and kept cycling the gs until it got low enou gh to kick on and turn the shop vac on.  geesh. I should have went all built batteries instead of building my own, though really I save more doing it the way I went, just more of a head ache getting it all stable under a full load.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Before I forget: the gen start connector for Rev. B inverters: https://www.ebay.com/itm/121336985373

They should be included in the box with the inverter, but it's easy to forget.

I got my balancers today, and no plug 😛 sean keeps forgeting. guess I should have said something about that when you was there. *sigh*.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, The Blind Wolf said:

I got my balancers today, and no plug 😛 sean keeps forgeting. guess I should have said something about that when you was there. *sigh*.

Was under the impression you were planning to send the gen start fob to me to hack/wire up to the gen start connector?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Before I forget: the gen start connector for Rev. B inverters: https://www.ebay.com/itm/121336985373

They should be included in the box with the inverter, but it's easy to forget.

The new thing it’s doing now is showing a transformer error , the first time it did it was when the ac with a 6000 watt surge kicked on. Unplugging the shore power And resetting it cleared the error. I have it running in inverter only now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JNock said:

The new thing it’s doing now is showing a transformer error , the first time it did it was when the ac with a 6000 watt surge kicked on. Unplugging the shore power And resetting it cleared the error. I have it running in inverter only now. 

Weird.  Should only be possible to get that error at power up, not during normal operation.  Was it on AC Mains or Inverter mode when this happened?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Weird.  Should only be possible to get that error at power up, not during normal operation.  Was it on AC Mains or Inverter mode when this happened?

When ac mains are hooked up. Inverter is working fine unplugged . I went to plug it in and it shut off. If I turn it on with it plugged in it turns on for a second ( I hear the rv transfer switch switch on then off) the only thing I notice that’s changed is it’s changed over to absorption charge 

Edited by JNock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Was under the impression you were planning to send the gen start fob to me to hack/wire up to the gen start connector?

Yeah guess I need to order it yet again, or see if they going to send the blasted thing.  or find my other ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JNock said:

When ac mains are hooked up. Inverter is working fine unplugged . I went to plug it in and it shut off. If I turn it on with it plugged in it turns on for a second ( I hear the rv transfer switch switch on then off) the only thing I notice that’s changed is it’s changed over to absorption charge 

Looking at the code...will need a tad more diagnostics to figure out what's going on.  It might well be connected to another dumb mistake of mine in PCB layout (having the AC output filter caps on the wrong side of the transformer current sensor).

Basically, if it's occurring in charge mode, this error is not indicating a serious problem (as the inverter is properly wired/specced/assembled); it's more annoying than anything else.  The error is intended to indicate if the inverter can't limit the battery charge to the desired level due to the minimum transformer voltage--this could be caused by very high AC input voltage, and/or a custom transformer specification.

I would presume when the inverter did the shutdown error, it was not actively charging?  (Diagnostics -> Throttle at 0%.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Looking at the code...will need a tad more diagnostics to figure out what's going on.  It might well be connected to another dumb mistake of mine in PCB layout (having the AC output filter caps on the wrong side of the transformer current sensor).

Basically, if it's occurring in charge mode, this error is not indicating a serious problem (as the inverter is properly wired/specced/assembled); it's more annoying than anything else.  The error is intended to indicate if the inverter can't limit the battery charge to the desired level due to the minimum transformer voltage--this could be caused by very high AC input voltage, and/or a custom transformer specification.

I would presume when the inverter did the shutdown error, it was not actively charging?  (Diagnostics -> Throttle at 0%.)

I didn’t have time to mess with it yesterday. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but it did have the problem after I changed some of the charge settings. I just lowered the bulk charge down to 48.8 volts, float is matching my victron charge controller at 55.2 maybe I’ll lower that too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JNock said:

I didn’t have time to mess with it yesterday. Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but it did have the problem after I changed some of the charge settings. I just lowered the bulk charge down to 48.8 volts, float is matching my victron charge controller at 55.2 maybe I’ll lower that too 

OK, that'd make a bit more sense.  Likely has to do with the caps being on the wrong side of the current sensor, and a low threshold being problematic...down at 48.8v charge, Throttle would pretty quickly fall to 0%, making the error possible. 

Guess I might need to revise the code threshold slightly...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

OK, that'd make a bit more sense.  Likely has to do with the caps being on the wrong side of the current sensor, and a low threshold being problematic...down at 48.8v charge, Throttle would pretty quickly fall to 0%, making the error possible. 

Guess I might need to revise the code threshold slightly...

How high should I set the bulk charge to with the agms?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Entirely up to your system needs; the Xformer Volt error is something I need to fix in the code.  It's there for a purpose, but it's being problematic 😉

Lucky I’ve been generating 13-16kwh of solar every day so in a perfect world charging won’t really be necessary 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JNock said:

Lucky I’ve been generating 13-16kwh of solar every day so in a perfect world charging won’t really be necessary 

Just installed my new LFP bank which gets similar figures.

Before this the battery bank was too small to ever get near those kind of daily numbers... What's your system like, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in a bus conversion, so similar use case to that of an RV. The talk of Rev. C boards potentially having dual input voltage support really has my attention...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...