Genetry Solar Forums

New PJ on the way but...

12 minutes ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Have to say I have no idea what size fuse those are.  The PJ inverters on my bench use standard AGC-size fuses.

Might be about time to rip that mess of fuses out and replace it with an AC breaker??

well, I'll be honest, I mean I kinda wondered why they're there. I mean, shouldn't the ac side be handled by my breaker panel?

it's still an interrupt, it's just further down the line by a few feet lol

14 minutes ago, Glenn S said:

well, I'll be honest, I mean I kinda wondered why they're there. I mean, shouldn't the ac side be handled by my breaker panel?

it's still an interrupt, it's just further down the line by a few feet lol

It's PJ, it doesn't have to make sense 🤪.  Not everyone connects to a breaker panel, so it does make a tad of sense--but not when they use 20A fuses on ONE leg of "8kw" inverters.

13 hours ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

It's PJ, it doesn't have to make sense 🤪.  Not everyone connects to a breaker panel, so it does make a tad of sense--but not when they use 20A fuses on ONE leg of "8kw" inverters.

Lol can't disagree there. Ok, I'll remove them completely then. Thank again for everyone's input! 😃