Genetry Solar Forums

Charging battery with inverter

Sam

I have a 15000 watt split phase 48v inverter with the ats and ups charging function.  My question is how do I get the battery charger function to work on both of these modes plus how do you directly charge with out these funtions.

2 hours ago, Sam said:

I have a 15000 watt split phase 48v inverter with the ats and ups charging function.  My question is how do I get the battery charger function to work on both of these modes plus how do you directly charge with out these funtions.

Push buttons, toggle switches until something happens, then run for the hills and hope...

There is no manual "charge now" function on a PJ inverter, and pretty much zero settings ("charge program setpoints" and the ATS/UPS switch are all that you get).  If it doesn't automatically decide to charge, you're out of luck.  (Not to mention PJ inverters' reputation for blowing FETs with battery charge mode.)

I don't know if the ATS/UPS function works, but the general principle for ATS is: if battery too low (arbitrary setpoint you can't change), switch to AC input.  UPS principle is: if AC available, switch to it.